5 Reasons to Join #Mercy2Earth Weekend
1. You will be joining people across the globe. Catholics on every continent are taking action to green their lifestyles and communities. Check out this great article by the National Catholic Reporter that shows the amazing momentum building up to the weekend.
2. You can be creative with your Act of Mercy. From planting trees to nature walks, workshops to meditation events, people are choosing to do a whole variety of Acts of Mercy for the earth. Take some time to pray and then see how God might be calling you. Need ideas? You can also get ideas from 30 Acts of Mercy for the Earth or check out the map to see what others are doing.
3. It’s a great way to celebrate Divine Mercy Sunday. Jesus told St. Faustina that on the Sunday Feast of Mercy, “there must also be acts of mercy….which are to arise out of love for Me.”(Diary 742). Celebrate God’s great mercy for us, by sharing it with our earth community.
4. Pope Francis. #Mercy2Earth Weekend was inspired by Pope Francis’ Show Mercy to our Common Home message which made care for creation the 8th act of mercy. Respond to Pope Francis’ call by committing to do one thing for our planet and human family.
5. It’s our faith. Care for creation is an integral part of our Christian vocation. Joining the weekend is a way to live out our Catholic faith in a concrete and important way.